Friday 1 April 2011

Ode to the Friday Evening Drinks

Although, strictly speaking Friday Evening drinks is not really catering (as we get most of the food from the grocery store) I would still like to acknowledge the effort that our receptionist goes through to make us Archi Underlings look forward to the end of the week.

Our receptionist goes way beyond her job description when she carefully picks out and arranges the array of nibbles to accompany an end of week beer or wine. Come five o'clock every Friday we know we’re in for a treat.

I remember when I first started working at my current office, when I got the email on Friday saying that the nibbles and drinks are served, I tried to be polite and ease off looking like some starved animal. But now that I’ve been here for nearly two years and have witnessed a few of the older members plough in, my mentality has kinda shifted in regards to the nibbles. Now when I see "nibbles and drinks are ready" I take it as saying..."dinner is served"

Our Receptionist has been with us for seven months now and she is great. I'm not saying that our previous receptionists didn't do a good job, but our most current one makes a special effort to add a few nice touches to the array of snacks. Firstly, she makes dip for our potato crisps! (Spot the dip in the photo) Although it’s only onion soup powder and reduced cream, it still is delicious and none of our previous receptionists have been bothered to do so. However, what really is special is that on occasion she will make these skewers of cut fruit with marshmallows and cut up mars bars, they are awesome!

In addition, she will try to mix it up as well, remembering what we got last time she will try to find new things to order in, not neglecting the old favourites of course. So in addition to some camembert cheese and sundried tomatoes we might get something we haven’t seen before, like fruit spread that goes really well with blue vein cheese and crackers.

I must say I was initially quite impressed at the volume of alcohol that my work provided at drinks, but now the snacks are also equally as impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment