Saturday 14 May 2011

Thursday 12th May: Inlite NZ Launch Party


The Oysters

When it comes to good catering it seems that lighting companies are pretty awesome at it. Earlier this year we had a presentation from a lighting company, called Modus, about how they are bringing in We-Ef lighting products. When they came to show us their products they bought us lunch as well. It was good. There were chicken skewers, mini quesadillas, mini pies and a whole heap of other stuff. To top that off they bought desert too…little chocolate cakes and other sweet stuff. Bringing lunch is one but bringing desert for that free lunch is a whole new level.

Another lighting company called InLite (http://www.inlite.com.au/), had a launch party last Thursday for the launch of their New Zealand branch. We found out about it when one of my colleagues used their products for a project. One of InLite’s representatives came to our office to explain about what they could do for us, at the same time he dropped off a stack of invitations. On a side note, the guy was called Chris Watt…he was destined to work for a lighting company with a last name like that.


Filo Parcel

The event took place at Bubble, a bar on the Viaduct Harbour and following in the footsteps of other lighting companies there were canapĂ©s. As a few of my colleagues and I arrived at the opening, we were greeted by a tray of champagne flutes filled with Veuve Clicquot and we knew it was gonna be a good night.

Moments later I got my first canapé, a fresh oyster served with a tangy relish. It was delicious; the relish gave the oyster a sweet citrus flavour that was so much better than a simple squeeze of lemon juice. It was so good that by the end of the night I had eaten at least five of those.

After eating the oyster I caught up with my work friends and we then realised that this event was open bar. We decided to take it easy and just get what was on tap…Speight’s Summit Lager. However, one of my work colleagues decided he would reach the peak of this Summit and get trollied. But, he claims that no matter how much he drinks, drinking a can of coke just before he sleeps ensures that he will not be hung over the next day.

Later on (but before my work mate got drunk), I caught up with a few of my friends that I went to University with. We sat at a pretty sweet table where we were in the direct line of waiters bringing out fresh nibbles from the kitchen.

Next on the menu was deep fried filo parcels with a ricotta cheese filling. They were pretty tasty; however, it may have been because the dipping sauce it came with was really good. The same sauce was dished out with deep fried calamari. I am a fan of battered calamari so I guess I was already partial to giving the calamari a good review.

All the deep fried food had to be washed down with another glass of Summit Beer. I can’t decide whether Summit is actually a good beer or that the fact that it was free made it good, I guess I have to have a bought one to figure that out.

Meatballs
Being all refreshed I was ready for another round, this started with meat balls with a spicy tomato sauce. Usually meat balls are really good but I was kinda of disappointed at these one, they were dry, but because I was starving by the time they came I did eat four of five meat balls. Next was chicken skewers, these on the other hand were surprisingly good. The chicken was tender and juicy and the aioli that came with it topped it off.

All in all I think the event was a success and the catering was generally of a very high quality and me and my friends managed to convince one of the waitresses to just drop whole plates of nibbles at our table instead of walking around with the platter. 

Open bar is always a plus, and being greeted with champagne is a double plus. 

I hope the next event will be equally good or better.

No comments:

Post a Comment